- to raise public awareness of the values of – and threats to – natural resources and to promote their sustainable management.
- Motivate and promote civil society participation in environmental decision making and management.
- Support and undertake natural resource conservation projects that develop a better understanding of the use and management of natural resources.
- Advocate and support policies, legislation and programmes which support sustainable use and management of natural resources.
- Fundraising to execute high impact projects
- Capacity building through working with other NGOs to implement important communication and mobilization technique that are often missing from high-level environmental projects
The CSEAO works closely with sponsors, funding agencies, governmental, educational and other environmental organizations.